Monday, 28 April 2014

Question Two


How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Different music magazines have particular social groups like Kerrang they are more likely to have “emo” or “goths” because they include a certain genre of music, certain codes, conventional features and the font. Firstly for my magazine I needed to think like the target audience from my research and most of them like the music genre Alterative so I had to create a magazine that my target audience that I’ve aimed at will be suitable to them and that will represent them. So for the masthead I had to make it clear that I was aiming at the target audience because the masthead covers a lot of the page so I had to get a clear one to get the social groups to recognize that it is representing them and it’s aimed at them.
 Also everything else that I included is very important because things I had was all completely different then the magazine wouldn’t be representing a particular social group and the audience that I have targeted would be really big and I would be hard to please everyone in the audience. So that’s why I included bands because a lot of the alternative music is bands, so including the bands in the front cover it would be representing that genre so therefore that will give away what genre my magazine then that will represent the social group.
The colour of the magazine is very important because different genres of music represent different colours like ‘Heavy metal’ is like dark colours and like ‘Pop’ is like light colours. So my reason for choosing certain colours in because they matched the genre of music which I was designing around. To do I chose blue, red and white this is because I’ve been looking in the past of bands and in the present and I was looking at colours closely to make sure I represent the right stereotype so then it will represent the social so that is why I included them colours in the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment