Monday, 28 April 2014

Question Seven


Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

At the start of the whole of the coursework I wasn't very keen on the subject and what we had to create. With the preliminary task I allowed me to see how I got on and if I like the course, so throughout the preliminary task it made me gain experience about InDesign and Photoshop and this made me more confident creating the magazine. Even though I made I bit of editing towards the pictures it and laying it all out I made me have more experience towards the two software and I was making progress with my creation skills.

Then with having the preliminary task done, I then moved on the music magazine with experience and I have ideas, different ways to edit and laying out images and the text for creating my magazine. Once I got some photos for my music magazine I kept of doing the same kind of editing as I did in the preliminary task and that was not good because if I did that then I wouldn't of shown different ways of editing so therefore I would of dropped marks, so I had to then develop the skills throughout the production of the magazine. Also with the font I used was all the same in the preliminary task so I had to develop different fonts as I was going along with the production as well. As I was doing my preliminary task I didn't look at any other school magazines witch I should of because then that would of helped me get ideas as I was going along and that's what I did wrong,  when creating my magazine I looked at different magazines to see what they look like with the layout, pictures and the different fonts. Also with my preliminary task, I had no background information of the magazine industry so therefore I was kinda guessing what to do on the front cover front cover by guessing.

So from doing the preliminary task I gave me more confidence for creating the music magazine, a representation how much I have developed from it and I can always look back where I went wrong in that stage and then look at the music magazine if I have made similar mistakes so that allows me to gain more marks and to make the magazine more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment